Ushongo Beach Cottages One and two bedroom cottages on quiet, palm-fringed beach on the Tanzania coast. Self-help or fully catered. Snorkeling and diving on local coral reefs.
- SafariBookings.com: A safari Booking Partners for Sub Saharan Africa. Please visit our profile and write us your reviews.
- Africa Guide A comprehensive guide to Africa and African safaris, with detailed travel information, accommodation, hundreds of relevant links, forums, a photo library and a monthly newsletter.
- Bradt Travel Guide An excellent guide book well worth buying. Lots of information on Tanzania mainland as well as Zanzibar, Pemba and Mafia. Provides useful data on middle and upper levels of tourism.
- Footprint Guides – an Online travel guide for worldwide destinations. Gives information on companies in Tanzania. Footprints are intending to publish a guide book on Tanzania shortly.
- Rough Guides Another very popular guide book.
- Lonely Planet A popular guide book, especially amongst backpackers.
For further information on Tanzania see Travel Directory for the World – The Big Travel Guide of the World.
- USA: flightcentre.com, www.oracle.com
- Canada: flightentre.ca, www.travelcuts.com
- K.: www.bridgetheworld.com, www.flightcentre.co.uk, www.travelbag.co.uk, www.trailfinders.com, www.travelmood.com
- Australia: austravel.com, www.flightcentre.com, www.statravel.com, www.trailfinders.com.
- South Africa: flightcentre.co.za, www.clubtravel.co.za, www.penntravel.co.za.
NATIONAL PARKS OF TANZANIA
- Tanzania National Parks– official site of the Tanzania National Parks. Lacking in detail.
- Ngorongoro Crateran informative eductional site on Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Serengeti National Park– the official site for Serengeti National Park. A good inter-active site.
- Tourism in Tanzania– official site for the Tanzania Tourist Board.
- Selous Game Reserve – Click Here or Visit Here.
- Tanzanian Marine Parks and Reserves: Official Marine Parks and Reserves site.
- Kenya AirwaysNational carrier of Kenya. Daily flight from Europe/USA to Nairobi. Also flies daily to Dar es Salaam.
- British AirwaysDaily flights London-Nairobi and London-Dar es Salaam.
- Ethiopian AirlinesThrice weekly flights from USA and Europe to Arusha and Dar es Salaam.
- KLM – Royal Dutch AirlinesDaily 1030 Amsterdam. Arrives Arusha 2015. Departs Arusha 2115 to Amsterdan via Dar es Salaam.
- EmiratesRegular flights Dubai to Nairobi and Dar es Salaam.
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- South African Airways
- Air Tanzania
- Air Uganda
- Malaysia Airlines
- Fly Air Burundi
- Precision Air Tanzania A subsidiary of Air Kenya. Regular daily flights to the Serengeti, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar. Regular flights to other towns.
- Regional Air Tanzania Off-shoot of Kenya Airways. Has regular daily flights to the Serengeti, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar as well as various other locations.
- Coastal Aviation; flies nearly every part of Tanzania
- Zan Air
- Air Tanzania
- Air Excel
- FastJet Tanzania
- Tanganyika Flying Company
- Auric Air
Chimpanzees at Mahale Mountains National Park and Gombe Stream National Park– fly-in safaris to Mahale staying in luxury tents on the shores of Lake Tanganyika. Mahale difficult to get to, except by flying. Best place to see chimpanzees. Most air charter companies have flights from Arusha/Serengeti/Mwanza to Kigoma. Also arranges safaris to the more remote Katavi National Park.
OFFICIAL ORGANIZATIONS, EMBASSIES AND GOVERNMENT BODIES:
- Tanzania – Official Tanzania’s WebsiteThe official web site of Government of Tanzania. Has details on visas.
- Tanzanian Embassies Abroad ( Visit Tanemb, Embassy Pages, 123Embassy and Travel Tanzania Blog)
There are some very good web sites with excellent articles on Africa and on African affairs in general. Puts many of the British and American newspapers to shame.
- Arusha TimesThe local newspaper of Arusha. Probably not of interest to those who do not know the place, but it gives some idea of what goes on in a small town (pop.250,000) in the middle of Africa.
- IPP MediaPredominantly news of Tanzania and items of interest. Interesting email chat talks on contentious issues.
- All AfricaAn excellent web site dealing with news throughout Africa.
- Out of AfricaAlso an excellent web site with plenty of information on East Africa. Run by journalists (PACT).